The heartbeat of Our Towns Habitat for Humanity in North Mecklenburg and Iredell County is our volunteers. We welcome individuals ages 16 and older to sign up to lend a hand on a one-time or regular basis. Teens ages 14 -15 may volunteer for painting, landscaping or silt fence work with the supervision of a legal guardian (who also must complete a volunteer application and waiver.)
How to VolunteerUp!
- Click REGISTER under New Volunteer on the right
- Enter a username, password, your name, email address and other information you wish to share.
- Check the boxes to indicate what roles/team you are interested in joining.
Sign up for build day …
- Sign in with your username and password on the left.
- You will see the broadcast message. This will contain reminders, such as host site location and other timely information. Click RETURN on the bottom of this screen.
- Now you are on the calendar screen. Scroll down to find the day you are interested in, then across for project.
- Click on the name of project.
- Check the box next to the shift you wish to work. You also can set up email reminders from the dropdown menu. If you cannot choose the shift you want, you need to make sure you checked the appropriate team when you register.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on SIGN UP. Now you are registered for that day.
Thank you very much for joining the Our Towns Habitat for Humanity team of volunteers!