Our Towns graciously accepts a variety of in-kind gifts from individuals, businesses and organizations for the construction and repair of Habitat for Humanity homes.
Land - Acquiring land is an expensive and lengthy process. Perhaps you have information about available land or want to donate land to Our Towns Habitat.
Building materials and subcontractor services - As a nonprofit, we can always use donations. We build year round and our tools withstand much wear and tear. Donations of the following items and others are greatly appreciated:
- power tools
- heavy duty trucks
- razor blades
- screw drivers (battery)
- building materials
- safety glasses
- pump jacks and harnesses
If you have other construction-related items or services you may want to donate, please call our main office.
ReStore Acceptable Donations
- Antiques & Jewelry
- Appliances - 10 years old or less, good working condition
- Building materials
- Cabinets - no exposed nails or screws, must have doors and shelves included
- Ceiling fans - in working condition
- Doors - raised panel, interior, exterior, no wood rot
- Electrical supplies - residential only
- Exercise equipment
- Flooring - in good resalable condition
- Furniture - in good condition with no rips, tears or pet odors
- Hardware - in resalable condition, no broken/missing pieces
- Home furnishings
- Home health accessories
- Light fixtures - in working condition
- Clean linens
- Lumber - a min. of 4 feet in length, no exposed nails or screws
- Office furniture - items need to be assembled unless directions/drawings are included
- Patio furniture
- Plumbing supplies
- Rugs - New carpet only, area rugs cannot have stains or pet odors
- Sporting goods
- Windows - Energy Efficient, vinyl, framed
The ReStore offers free pickup service for larger items! Please use our online form or call 704-896-8957 ext. 204 to schedule a pickup. Due to liability concerns, all items must be located on the ground floor for pickup.
Donations the ReStore CANNOT accept
- Appliances older than 10 years
- Baby items
- Broken items
- Carpet that is used or stained
- Exercise equipment
- Flammable materials
- Furniture that is not assembled unless new and boxed
- Furniture with broken parts, tears, stains or pet odors
- Garage doors
- Glass table tops without bases
- Hot Water Heaters
- Infant & toddler car seats
- Items missing pieces
- Kitchen Faucets
- Microwaves without turntables
- Paint, regardless of new or used
- Sports equipment
- Unframed mirrors - ALL SIZES
- Vanity sinks with cultured marble, unless accompanied with corresponding cabinets
- Windows that are single-paned or unframed
- All TV's: Learn how to you can recycle your televisions and computer monitors.
Alternative Gift-Giving for Birthdays, Anniversaries and Holidays
Give the gift of safe shelter! Bring joy to a friend or loved one and add needed items to Habitat for Humanity housing under construction throughout the North Mecklenburg and Iredell County area.
An alternative gift to Our Towns Habitat for Humanity provides solutions for local families and sends love to your community. Your birthday, anniversary or holiday gift may install a window, plant a tree in someone’s yard, or provide a roof for a family. Each dollar donated is leveraged with Habitat for Humanity volunteers, donated services and materials.
You may purchase a gift online here. We will send you a card that includes our mission, which then can be personalized and given to the recipient. Or, stop by our main office in Cornelius to make a donation in person or pick up gift cards.
Please contact Our Towns Habitat with questions at 704-896-8957.
|Give the gift of housing this year!|
|Box of Nails||$10|
|Low Flow Toilet||$50|