Throughout North Mecklenburg and Iredell County, Our Towns Habitat provides critical repairs to families in need.
In our commitment to end poverty housing, the efforts of Our Towns Habitat for Humanity revitalizes neighborhoods and builds hope within communities, including Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, Mooresville, Troutman, Statesville and all of Iredell County.
We have two repair categories in order to serve a large amount of homeowners in a timely fashion:
- A Brush With Kindness — A range of exterior work, such as painting, patching, washing and landscaping.
- Critical Repairs — Interior or exterior work performed to alleviate critical health, life and safety issues.
Depending upon grants available in your city, re-payment of the repairs may be required.
Currently Cornelius and Huntersville require no re-payment through a program being sponsored by Mecklenburg County with funds from the U.S. Department of HUD, Community Development Block Grant. Funds are limited and available on first come first serve basis.
To be considered for a repair, families must complete an application. You may contact our office at 704-896-8957 ext. 128 to apply and learn more.
Critical Home Repair serves homeowners in Our Towns Habitat’s North Mecklenburg and Iredell County service area.
General Homeowner Requirements include:
- Are at or fall below 60 percent of HUD median income
- Are not in danger of a foreclosure on their home
- Must own (name on title) and live (owner occupied) in their home and plan to live in their home for 5 years or longer
- Can prove the Tax Assessment Building Value of their home does not exceed $100,000
- Be current on property taxes or have an established payment plan
- Be willing to complete 15 hours of community service
- Homeowner must be present during the work
- Additional criteria may apply
Repairs may include:
- Mold removal
- Drywall repair
- Plumbing repair
- New roof
- New windows
- HVAC repair
- Deck repair
- New ramp
- ADA bathroom modifications