Our Towns Habitat for Humanity, an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, is a non-profit, 501-C3 ecumenical organization that brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. Habitat homes are sold through zero interest, no profit mortgages. Our Towns Habitat for Humanity serves families in Mooresville, Cornelius, Huntersville, Davidson, and throughout Iredell County.
The ReStore Director is responsible for planning and coordinating all aspects of ReStores operations for Our Towns Habitat for Humanity (OTH). This position operates with guidance and assistance from the OTH ReStore Committee and is responsible for managing all phases of the ReStore program. The Habitat ReStore mission is to generate revenue through the sale of donated, reclaimed and purchased building materials, appliances, furniture and tools to support the activities of OTH Habitat for Humanity. The director is responsible for the overall operations of the ReStore and its financial growth.
Fundraising & Fostering Support With Partners in the Community:
- In conjunction with the Director of Development, develop and implement multi-year strategic plan for soliciting contributions and winning support of potential suppliers and donors by targeting annual growth to meet long-term financial projections.
- In cooperation with the store managers and the controller develop and manage individual store budgets and support the budgets and operational decisions with documented financial analysis to include: profit margins, sales per square foot in total, last year to current year sales comparisons, cost per donation pickup, ROI of marketing expenses to sales, expenses as a percentage of sales, break-even analysis, and inventory management.
- Ensure the COO is regularly informed on the status of Habitat ReStores with attention paid to problem areas, project status and extraordinary events.
- In conjunction with the Director of Development and Marketing Manager, provide information and data for marketing materials describing the advantages of ReStore contributions.
- Identify and initiate opportunities to reduce expenses and create increased operational efficiencies.
- Provides sustained network development to expand collaborative relationships with community-based trade/business groups, donors and others to secure donations and raise awareness of local affiliate mission in the community.
Develop & Implement Policies & Procedures:
- Identify policies that need to be drafted and recommend modifications to existing policies.
- Provide reports on store performance or strategic projections. These reports include inventory turnover, earnings per square foot, and trends to sales of merchandise or seasonality and net cash to organization forecasting.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures relating to the daily operation of the ReStores.
- Responsible for operations management, including consistent, safe and positive development of associates and assets in order to provide a high-quality donor to customer experience.
Manage ReStore Operations:
- Supervise ReStore managers and conduct annual performance evaluations, provide ongoing coaching and feedback for further development.
- Ensures the Managers have effective management of retail staff and volunteers to provide a high level of customer service.
- Ensure OSHA compliance.
- Oversee all retail operations and ensure consistent, smooth and efficient operations.
- Responsible for driving donations, sales and profits of the Habitat ReStores to further the affiliate’s mission and working with various internal and external resources to positively promote the Restores of Our Towns Habitat for Humanity.
- Supervise maintenance of facility and equipment.
- Responsible for the volunteer recruitment, training and appreciation.
- Manage retail staff and volunteers to provide a high level of customer service.
- Orient staff and volunteers to the mission of OTH and the ReStore’s role and responsibility.
- Ensure adequate training is provided to staff and volunteers.
- Spend weekly time on the sales floor, of all Restores.
- Monitor expenses within budgeting constraints.
- Enhance the organization’s culture by reinforcing core values and fostering a positive work environment.
- Provide training resources to the Store Supervisors for them to direct store operations in the absence of the manager.
Ensure Accountability to Funding Sources and Board of Directors:
- Reviews and provides input on monthly financial reports for Controller, COO and the Finance Committee.
- Prepare program/progress reports on a timely basis.Prepares and respond to audits.
- Prepare annual budget for the Habitat ReStores.
- Oversee preparation of monthly financial reports for COO, Finance Committee & Board of Directors.
- Prepare monthly general reports and financial expenditure reports.
Marketing and Community Relations
- In conjunction with Director of Development and Marketing Manager, market the ReStore through the media in an appropriate and cost-conscious manner.
- Represent program through personal contacts and public speaking engagements.
- Network with other Habitat ReStores and serve as mentor to interested affiliates.Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with corporate donors, contractors, and community service organizations for gifts in kind.
- Coordinate the development and expansion of a comprehensive advertising and marketing program for the Habitat ReStores.
Must be goal-driven, results-oriented and committed to Habitat’s mission. Must understand the mission, history, values and goals of our Christian organization, and be able to communicate this information to diverse group’s customers, volunteers and donors. Must demonstrate strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. The ability to work collaboratively and effectively as a team member with staff and volunteers is essential.
This individual will be expected to assist the staff in performing store functions and, therefore, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Will also experience frequent bending, squatting, lifting and repetitive motion. Ability to work the computer for an extended period.
A minimum of 3 years of related experience in retail operation and management is required. Must have demonstrated independent responsibility for program management and accomplishing results by building and leading successful teams. Experience supervising staff required, developing markets and networking plans. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with groups, committees and individuals. Computer proficient with Microsoft products.
BA or BS preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered. Knowledgeable in retail sales, customer service, management, salvage and environmental.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
Valid driver’s License with a good driving record. OSHA training preferred.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume with salary history. Please no phone calls or agencies.
Our Town’s Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.