Our Towns Habitat for Humanity, an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, is a non-profit, 501-C3 ecumenical organization that brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. Habitat homes are sold through zero interest, no profit mortgages. Our Towns Habitat for Humanity serves families in Mooresville, Cornelius, Huntersville, Davidson, and throughout Iredell County.
This position assists with scheduling and coordinating various volunteers and groups, serves as a departmental representative for Saturday operations, and provides overall volunteer program administrative support. Ideal candidate will have a passion for working with volunteers in an environment that fosters collaboration.
- Provide support to the Volunteer Services Manager including volunteer orientation, training, scheduling and managing work site volunteer groups as needed.
- Communicate with prospective volunteers about available volunteer opportunities to determine a good fit.
- Serve as a Volunteer Services staff representative on Saturdays on the construction work site.
- Collaborate with the department to ensure that volunteers are effectively and meaningfully engaged, and volunteers are appropriately recognized.
- Responsible for the preparation of site build days (sign-in sheets, snacks, waivers, etc.)
- Complete other Volunteer Services departmental tasks and projects as assigned.
- Responsible for completing tasks within the E-tapestry and Volunteer Up databases.
- Assists Volunteer Program Manager with annual volunteer recognition and volunteer appreciation events.
- Accurately communicate organizational mission and expectations to volunteers, providing appropriate written communication as needed.
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Experience with coordinating volunteers highly preferred
- Experience with database software highly preferred
- Passion for volunteerism and community engagement
- High computer proficiency and accuracy; experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to balance and prioritize a varied workload with regular interruptions
- Well-developed and flexible organizational and communication skills (written and oral) with a strong aptitude to work as a team member
- Excellent customer service, telephone, and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to maintain confidential information while working with a diverse population
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
Work environment is an office setting and outdoor on the construction site on Saturdays and as needed. This includes working in inclement, hot and cold weather. Physical activities include sitting at a desk and working on a keyboard and computer, conducting business over the telephone and via email. Position may require driving a vehicle on occasion, occasionally lifting materials up to 45 pounds, and moving materials of up to 45 pounds in and out of a vehicle.
Hours: This is a part-time position (20 hours per week). Schedule will be Tuesday-Saturday (hours can be flexible). Saturday mornings (7:30-10:30 am) are mandatory.
Salary/benefits: Salary negotiable; vacation, holidays, health care benefits as per established OTH policy.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume with salary history. Please no phone calls or agencies.
Our Town’s Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.