Our Towns Habitat for Humanity, an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, is a non-profit, 501-C3 ecumenical organization that brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. Habitat homes are sold through zero interest, no profit mortgages. Our Towns Habitat for Humanity serves families in Mooresville, Cornelius, Huntersville, Davidson, and throughout Iredell County.
We are currently seeking a passionate individual to fill our Full Time Homeowner Support Specialist Role. This position will be responsible for processing repair applications, guide and support applicants through the repair program process, support neighborhood coalitions and community groups with housing solutions, out-reach and recruit homeowners in need of repairs, partner with other agencies to refer applicants with needs other than housing, complete final pre-closing check-list, RESPA compliance activities, prepare for home dedications.
Repair Program Support Activities:
- Attend established community coalition or group meetings to educate groups on repair housing solutions and recruit residents needing repairs.
- Attend Family Selection Repair meetings
- Complete Lending ABA online training required by HFHI for Repair Program
- Intake and process repair applications according to policies and ECOA & RESPA Laws
- Track inquiries, applications, homeowner data, paperwork, and correspondence for repairs
- Verify Income, Analyze Debt to Income, Proof of Residency and all required documents to apply for repairs
- Work with clients to schedule contract signing and partnership agreement
- Attend Neighborhood Coalition meetings and support community groups as needed
- Implement Home Maintenance Education Program for Repair families
- Implement pre & post-project repair homeowner surveys
- Work closely with Repair Program Supervisor & Development to coordinate Repair program activities and grant compliance
- Participate in festival or community fairs within the target market area of our four towns.
- Work in Statesville Office at least once a week to providing support to Statesville families
- Provide information sessions Quarterly for Potential Repairs
Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) & Closing Duties:
- Set up the pre-closing meetings with homeowners.
- Review closing documents to ensure grant requirements and deed restrictions are included as applicable. Send final documents to Director of Homeowner Services for final review and Approval
- Obtain signatures and process all paperwork for dissemination to internal and external partners post-closing (AmeriNational, Insurance Company, all others)
- Work with appropriate staff to ensure partner families are on track to meet closing deadlines
- Ensure payments of down payment, dishwasher, sweat equity completion, paid collections, follow up on delivery timelines as necessary
- Order home appraisal and send to appropriate staff for review
North Carolina Housing Finance Agency Relationship:
- Maintain the relationship by checking website for updates and communicating with NCHFA staff.Attend Annual Training
- Complete workbooks and collect additional documents as requested by NCHFA.
- Ensure application process adheres to NCHFA guidelines.
- Communicate with Controller regarding NCHFA new loans, payoffs and initial loan payments.
- Review and complete annual SELF-HELP Loan Pool Agreement.
- Work with appropriate staff to ensure partner families are on track to meet NCHFA deadlines and System Vision requirements
New Homeowner Support Activities:
- Schedule and work with staff and homebuyer to plan home dedications
- Create an Implement Mortgage Burning Recognition or Celebration
- Facilitate the Annual Resource Fair in partnership with local agencies
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years’ related experience is preferred.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector supporting low-income communities is preferred.
- Experience in housing development, construction, rehab or home repair or managing warranty service is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills to include written, verbal and public speaking.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Effective interpersonal skills working with a variety of people and personalities, including diverse races, cultures and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to gather necessary resources to problem-solve unique situations.
- Ability to multi-task to ensure deadlines are met.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday schedule; limited evening and weekend work.
Salary/benefits: Salary negotiable; vacation, holidays, health care benefits as per established OTH policy.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume with salary history. Please no phone calls or agencies.
Our Town’s Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.