Our Towns Habitat for Humanity, an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, is a non-profit, 501-C3 ecumenical organization that brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. Habitat homes are sold through zero interest, no profit mortgages. Our Towns Habitat for Humanity serves families in Mooresville, Cornelius, Huntersville, Davidson, and throughout Iredell County.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Construction Site Supervisor. In this role you will perform and manage others in the completion of daily tasks directly related to building high performance, durable and healthy Habitat houses. This is a hands on position – you will be working along with the volunteers and other staff.
Candidate must have the ability to uphold Habitat’s standard of quality, safety, team participation and partnership with homeowners. Candidate must possess high attention to detail and organizational skills.
Essential General Functions:
- Comfortable working as a leader in an ecumenical Christian non-profit organization.
- Plan and prepare for each workday to ensure that all resources, personnel and equipment are available.
- Execute all aspects of building a Habitat house from lot clearing to final inspection.
- Assist fellow site supervisors with estimates, internal takeoffs, pricing.
- Schedule, monitor and communicate with subcontractors and inspectors to ensure that tasks are completed as required according to the established standards of quality as directed by Construction
- Willingness and ability to work well with all types of people including volunteers
- Supervise, assign tasks and work with volunteers and homeowners, provide training and/or instruction and encouragement to strengthen partnership with homeowners.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment, organization of trailers, vehicles and all other areas as assigned.
- Assist with additional task and special projects as directed
- Experience in home construction, remodeling and repairs within last (5) years.
- High School Diploma or a GED
- General Contractors License and Lead Renovator Certification a plus.
- Experience with ENERGY STAR or similar certification programs is preferred.
- Experience reading blue prints.
- Experience directing and managing volunteers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check, Sexual Offender Check, pre employment drug screen and motor vehicle check.
Hours: Full Time, work schedule is Tuesday – Saturday
Salary/benefits: Salary negotiable; vacation, holidays, health care benefits as per established OTH policy.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an organization that has the mission to bring people together to build houses, communities and hope! Interested candidates please send resumes with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls or agencies.
Our Town’s Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law