Our Towns Habitat for Humanity, an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, is a non-profit, 501-C3 ecumenical organization that brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. Habitat homes are sold through zero interest, no profit mortgages. Our Towns Habitat for Humanity serves families in Mooresville, Cornelius, Huntersville, Davidson, and throughout Iredell County.
The ReStore Volunteer Coordinator’s duty is to organize all aspects of volunteer involvement within Our Towns Habitat for Humanity Restore Department. Responsibilities include recruiting, onboarding, training, appreciating, and retaining volunteers to further Our Towns Habitat for Humanity mission of building strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter.
- Schedule interested groups and individuals to meet needs of the three ReStores, Salvage program, Transportation and Donation departments
- Attend recruitment and community events to attract qualified candidates
- Visit with business, college and church leaders to promote Habitat opportunities
- Advertise volunteer opportunities using social media and volunteer recruitment sites
- Volunteer Communications
- Send reminder emails to individuals and groups for the upcoming week
- Manage volunteer email
- Send weekly email to volunteer list
- Act as the primary point of contact for all volunteer matters
- Provide weekly orientation and safety training sessions to incoming volunteers
- Orient and track Community Service individuals, court-ordered and non-court-ordered
- Oversee the development and implementation of formal and informal volunteer recognition activities to recognize the contribution of volunteers to the organization
- Collaborates with Volunteer Program Manager to ensure consistency of volunteer communications.
- Input volunteer information and hours in online tracking system
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation
- Support special volunteer days/events
- Develop, administer, and review all volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service
- Have a positive attitude and act as an ambassador for our mission
- Take advantage of training and learning opportunities
- Build relationships with volunteers, homeowners, and staff
- Excellent interpersonal relations and project management
- Experience with coordinating volunteers highly preferred
- Experience with database software highly preferred
- Passion for volunteerism and community engagement
- High computer proficiency and accuracy; experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to balance and prioritize a varied workload with regular interruptions
- Well-developed and flexible organizational and communication skills (written and oral) with a strong aptitude to work as a team member
- Excellent customer service, telephone, and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to maintain confidential information while working with a diverse population
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an organization that has the mission to bring people together to build houses, communities and hope! Interested candidates please send resumes with salary history. Please no phone calls or agencies.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week, able to work Monday-Saturday as needed.
Salary/benefits: Salary negotiable; vacation, holidays, health care benefits as per established OTH policy.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume with salary history. Please no phone calls or agencies.
Our Town’s Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.